Monday, April 13, 2009

Careful What You Wish For

I'm baptized a Roman Catholic. I wasn't asked if I wanted to be. I couldn't answer back then nor would I understand what they were asking. Infants are usually baptized early into their parents' mutual faith months after their birth. With the Philippines being generally Catholic, I was dealt with accordingly.

Being a Catholic in the Philippines isn't really a showcase of hard core fanaticism and a la "The Godfather" ensemble. The spectrum is different. We've got the regular hard core RCs and we've got them hypocritical RCs and we got those who don't care, those who do it on their time and those who get on their knees when they're in dire need of salvation. The latter batch is the bigger chunk of the pie in Metro Manila. I'm part of the latter chunk,  but I'm still thinking if I'm gonna get down on my knees and ask for a Yamaha Grand Piano to fall on my head anytime soon.

This entire Roman Catholic shindig is a huge factor in the stigma for education combined with knowledge of contraceptives and protection. Truth be told: the Roman Catholic Church is pro education of the existence of HIV/AIDS but they frown upon the fact of hedonism, pre marital sex, condoms and uber soppy blow jobs, sixty-nines, BEL-AMI videos, threesomes, foursomes and moresomes, Katy Perry and her first hit single "I Kissed a Girl" and what it stands for and everything else that you won't see in a place they (OK, fine-- erase erase) WE call Heaven. They say that all of this is technically the devil and it should be erased from knowing. By doing so, they believe that by scaring youth that sex is the devil they have also deleted the curiosity that they are insinuating in them.

Eureka.

Ah yes, halleluja I was baptized a Roman Catholic. Halleluja more, the shamans running my institution is telling me that my soul will be in one 24/7 Swedish Sauna with natural fire and brimstone when I kick the bucket. Halleluja much more, the fact that I am gay is a reason why I'm carrying this baby called HIV and the good Lord, as they say, is going to smight me silly: pitting me 3 rounds against Godzilla.

Them be one (IF NOT THE ONLY ONE) of the reasons why one should not let everyone know if they are positive or not. Let's ask ourselves why we tell people. Why? We love them, we want them to know that it's hit home and we want to warn them that they could be next.

You might not get it with just one good screw at 50-50 chance! The point is, you'd know better had you known-- had you been informed. The good society would've done it's part by informing you the pros, the cons and the facts the possibilities.

I didn't wish to be a Catholic. But I clearly remember on the dot that I really did tell myself I did not want to reach 50 or 60 and look old. For the sake of vanity, I wished not to reach that age. Life has a no return no exchange policy that none can override.

I wasn't careful.

I wasn't careful what I wished for.

Equals:

Everyday from the day I found out feels like a bonus and everytime I hear them hard core self righteous 'Heralds of the Almighty' adding dip shit to the scriptures just really makes me chuckle inside.

Wasn't it that Christ asked for us all to love each other?

Well it's their problem if they can't accept the fact that it exists. I've to make sure I keep it clean on my side of the fence.

If they don't accept the fact, they won't get the details. They'll be fighting in the dark. And what do you know, sooner or later it's gonna hit home and someone's going to have to say sorry.

Last night's show on GMA 7 regarding the "Think Positive" program of the World View said that the tally could rough up to 7,000 ++ people in the Philippines carrying the virus. That is so on discount-- we're talking horny youth and it's summer time, baby. They've got nothing to do except do their own version of "High School Musical R18" this summer.

Geez, parents these days. Thinking that their kids are still into the Care Bears and other kinds of tripe. There's the internet now, duh!

Y'all parents wished their kids knew more?

Careful what you wish for~

*SNAPS FOR EVERYONE*

No comments:

Post a Comment